Got questions? We have the answers!


Do I Need Land Lords Insurance?

While every effort is made to secure the best tenant for your property, sometimes even the best laid plans go awry. Having suitable land lords insurance in place can protect you from losses incurred by accidental or malicious damage by tenants, abandonment, pet damage, break in or vandalism & rent default just to name a few reasons. Could you afford to cover potentially weeks worth of lost income and repair bills? We can assist with finding the right level of cover to ensure you are protected from a range of common scenarios.

Will My Tenants Pay For Water Consumption?

With water being an expensive commodity, it's important to know what's required in order to pass the cost of consumption onto your tenants. If you own a free-standing house, you may pass on 100% of the consumption if the property holds a Wels Water Compliance certificate. We can arrange this on your behalf. If your property is a unit or townhouse that is not individually metered, you cannot pass on these costs.

Should I Allow Pets At My Property?

Approximately 62% of Australian households currently include a 4 legged family member. While we've all heard horror stories, the majority of these house holds are responsible pet owners and by not allowing pets at your property, you could potentially be cutting out a large portion of well suited tenants. When a pet is accepted, special and terms and conditions are written into the tenancy agreement to protect your property and regular inspections are conducted to ensure no damage is occurring.  If your property is suitable for a pet, we do suggest you consider allowing a furry family member in order to widen the pool of potentially great tenants who may wish to apply.

How Is My Properties Value Determined?

When you contact On Point to arrange an appraisal, we will ask you a few questions about your property so we can do some research before meeting with you. This allows us to compare your property to others recently rented and on the on the market at the time. The appraisal inspection is an important step as it allows us to assess the selling points of your home and provide an accurate indication of where it sits in the market. It also allows you the opportunity to meet with us in person and ask any questions you may have about our services.  

Will My Property Be Inspected During The Tenancy?

Regular routine inspections are conducted every few months to assess the condition of the property and how well the tenants are maintaining it. You will receive detailed reports including photos and information on any maintenance items noted.  

Do I Need A Pool Safety Certificate?

The short answer is yes. If you are selling or leasing a property in QLD is it a legal requirement that the pool or spa must have a safety certificate and be registered with council. Failure to do so could result in hefty fines. We can help arrange a pool fence inspection with a qualified inspector and can monitor certificate expiry dates and arrange renewals as required. 


How Will On Point Find Me The Best Tenant?

There are a number of ways we are able to qualify suitable tenants and we aim to leave no stone unturned. By conducting various searches using industry specific databases, confirming employment or affordability details, searching previous rental history or ownership information and several other methods, we are determined to find a tenant with a proven track record who will care for your home like it was their own.

Contact On Point today to find out how we can tailor a service specifically to suit your needs.

Contact us